We will attempt to keep these guides updated with any new tips and tricks that we, or others, discover. Check back from time to time if you’re looking for more tips.
Your typical single target fight. You hit a big bear to death, pop defensives at the right time and move on. Mobility is valuable here, place Transcendence around.
The first mechanic to watch out for is the Nightmarish Cacophany damage. It will be weak early on but will grow out of control quickly. It should pretty quickly become large enough to break stacks of Dampen Harm!
Dampen Harm at the right timing really helps a lot compared to Healing Elixir. Your healers need to keep everyone topped before each charge; taking excess ticks of Miasma will make this fight a nightmare for them and possibly get you, or others, killed.
You can Touch of Karma right after you get bumped yet before the impact hits; this will bump you back up to full by the time the charge is over, either through Good Karma or raid cooldowns, and is more efficient than using Touch of Karma ahead.
Serenity is extremely good here. Sure, you can cast it close to on cooldown to avoid lining it up with Focused Gaze but it’s likely way stronger to delay it a few seconds for it to line up with Nightmare Image, at the cost of no casts over the course of the fight if you’re intending to kill it shortly before enrage.
- On pull; Use all Cooldowns, including Touch of Death.
- 1:30 : Make sure Strike of the Windlord/Serenity will be up to cleave down the Nightmare Image coming up very soon. Spinning Crane Kick takes priority over Blackout Kick keep two stacks of Mark of the Crane up.
- 2:00 : You can delay this Touch of Death a bit, you’ll only get 3 casts anyways. You can’t line it up with Serenity this time.
- 3:10 : Repeat what you did to previous Nightmare Image.
- 4:10 : Last Touch of Death, wait for Serenity/Potion to combine them all.
- 4:45 : This is your last Serenity coming off cooldown. Delay it a bit to line up with everything
Make sure you place Transcendence whenever you have a free GCD in rotation. It can come in handy if you need to run from a Focused Gaze and come back instantly. Refreshes frequently since the boss is likely to move a lot on Heroic/Mythic.
As long as you can, avoid being in front of Ursoc for parries, only get in position when Focused Gaze comes up.
For an example of dps timers, check Mythic tips.